Sunday, June 19, 2011

Major Events of the Last 6 Months

I think it is official that I fail at blogging. It has been close to 6 months since I last posted. I often forget that I actually have a blog.

Thankfully the major things that have happened in my life since my last adventure-full post fit on a short list.

1. I turned 21!

I brought my friend Michelle home with me for the weekend to help me celebrate my birthday. We went to a rock'n boy band concert. I am pretty sure we were the oldest people there who did not have children with them. I was pretty fun and a little girl in front of us offered to share some of her candy with us. But…I wish I picked a different band to go see for my fist concert. This is us making goofy faces.


On my actually birthday, me and my roommates went to Chilies and ordered some Margaritas, Pina coladas and Strawberry dackeries. It was awesome! I recommend that everyone younger than me do it for their 21st birthday. The best part was that the waiter was really confused that we were all ordering virgin drinks on our 21st birthdays. :D Every time he came to check on us he would mention how stupid it was.

2. Two of my cousins got married

My first cousin to get married was dear old Jo-Jo. Diane, Allison, Granny, Mandy and I all drove up to SLC to be there for Jordyn’s wedding. Boy was that a long car ride. We got there just in time for the wild and crazy bachelorette party. We got lots of weird looks from the old men in the bowling alley cause we were making so much noise. This is Jordyn and I in the stellar limo Mandy got for us.

And the next cousin of mine to tie the not was Birttny. She got married on April 6th. Even though it was a Wednesday she was really excited to get married on such an important day in church history. Her dress was so beautiful! And she was probably the most passive bride I have ever seen. She had an outside wedding reception and it rained almost all nigh but she didn’t seem to care one bit.

I didn’t get a picture with me and the bride but this is a pretty good alternative. This is Me, Afton, and Jeni at the themple in our bride’s maids dresses.

3. I left Flagstaff and moved to Utah.

At last my time in Flagstaff has come to an end. I have moved out of my apartment and I am never going to be a part of Flagstaff University 2nd ward ever again. I can’t tell you why I decided to move up to Utah for the summer but the important thing is that I am here. My original plan was to get a job and pay off some of my debt. But getting a job wasn’t as easy as I had hoped. So I gave up looking. Now I sit around at home all day reading books and watching TV. Utah is beautiful though and I am very happy I am not in that awful AZ heat (I laugh at all my family stuck in AZ right now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)!


3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Sounds like tons of fun! It's great to hear what you've been up to :) Big changes in your life! Now I'm really curious about why you moved to UT! lol

madelinemarie said...

Haha I love you :) Hopefully you continue to love being in Utah for a little while longer! Hang in there.

Hannah said...

Jasmine: I can't tell you why I moved to Utah cause I don't know myself. :D I guess that sentence was a little bit misleading. I am not keeping a secret. If I knew I would share.
Maddy: I love you too! Thanks, I only have three more days left to hang in there and I get to have packing to keep me busy. See you soon. :D